Overlooking Mostar city (Sights to see, places to visit: Bosnia and Herzegovina) + an outfit post



Today I'm back with another must see place in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you happen to visit Herzegovina some day, I would strongly recommend visiting Hum, a hill (dormant volcano) overlooking the Mostar city. You can drive there by car if you prefer not to walk/hike there. If you want to see more of this view, I already blogged about it here and here. The view is absolutely stunning. As long as we're on the topic, I read somewhere that photographs taken from this so called 'bird perspective' can improve one's mood and have hence proved useful in treating depression. That's very interesting, isn't it?

 I can personally tell you that I love this kind of photography. With the usage of drones, it has become quite widespread. Still, I'm not tired out it. What is even better is naturally enjoying these kind of views first hand, without the help from the digital tools. Do you like this kind of photography? Do you feel the need to get away from the screens? If you do, try this: go for a walk and climb someplace high. It doesn't have to be a hill, it can be a sky-scraper or the roof of your own house. Anyplace that makes you feel serene and where you can let your eyes rest. One of my favourite places to drink coffee in Mostar is a place that has a nice view of the city (shown here). 












I know know why, but getting myself someplace high always improves my mood. Just being in mountains or hiking a bit makes me feel calmer. There is something to be said about viewing things from a bird's perspective. Suddenly, all the problems feel less significant. Everything troublesome seems to fade away before a beautiful panorama. No wonder that 'the view' is in a high demand. Every real estate that has a wonderful view is automatically more attractive for it. When vacationing, people seem to be especially taken with finding the perfect view. Another thing can give you that bird perspective is obviously flying. In ideal circumstances, I wouldn't mind having a private jet at my disposal and flying everywhere. But then I would have to feel guilty about contributing to global warming. You see, you just can't win. Still, nothing makes me feel as carefree as being airborne. I wouldn't mind flying more if I could. So, I'm happy that I, at least, live in a place where getting that perfect bird view doesn't require that much effort. 





I'm a big advocate of being a tourist in one's own city. Even better if you happen to live in two cities (like I do). Then it is even easier to feel like a tourist all the time. Seriously though, I love the philosophy behind it. Speaking of philosophy, urban identity and tourism, I have a book recommendation for you. Recently I have read Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino and I absolutely loved it. Such a beautiful little book! If you want my full review, you can read it here.

If you would like to see more similar panorama photographs of Mostar city (although I think I included enough in this post), I can direct you to my previous  posts here, here , here and here:













Can a winter sun be too strong? Typically I would say no and I would add that winter sun in always welcome. However, on this day it seemed that it can be. So, I had to get back to the car and look for a hat. The only thing I managed to find was this old summer hat so that is what I went for. It is not a fashion statement. It is not a part of a  carefully planned outfit post. It is just that the sun was getting in my eyes and I couldn't enjoy my bird's perspective in peace. With the help of this coat,  I did enjoy it. While I'm on this 'be a tourist in your own town' subject, I think I have finally realized why I like to come back to certain places. It is not about opting for something you knew you will like. It is not being lazy. No. It's the possibly to make something new. It's about building on something, a developing a relationship with sometimes.

It is why I reread books. It is why I have always reread books even when everyone made fun of me for it. It is why I have five different editions of the same classic, just for the pleasure of enjoying it in different formats and sometimes even in different languages. If ifeel like I get something new out of an experience, then I will repeat it. Why not? Why should we jump from on experience to another, instead of making these experiences count? Who are we doing it for if not for ourselves?














I like to joke about/with myself, saying that I'm too lazy to shop, but it is not really true. I might say that I don't buy new clothes often because I want to be contribute to ecology of our planet, but it's not true or at least- not entirely true. The truth is that I like to build stories around clothes. I need them to matter to me. I want to create stories and memories with clothes and I can't do that, I can't really form a relationship with a clothing item, if I buy it, wear it once and then forget about it. I try to be ecologically conscious and all, but  when it comes to clothes, I'm mostly sentimental and emotional. I'm not afraid to admit it.

That is why I love to rediscover the city I live in. That is why I love to go back to my favourite classics and read them over and over ago. There is one Croatian opera that I must have listened to at least 100 times and I will probably listen to it that much more. That is why I reread books. That is why I shop my own closet. That is why I like to recognize the fact that you don't always have to try something new to get a new experience. That is why I sometimes stick with the same exercise regime for years. Because it is something that is working for me and when something works for you, why not stick with it? 





coat: Bajina bašta/ turtleneck: old/ jeans: Levi's (vintage), boots: Šimecki












Take for example this dark pink coat (it might look burgundy in photos but it is dark pink) that I bought recently after a long time of not buying absolutely anything clothes related. I didn't commit to any shopping bans, but I hardly bough anything in 2017. A few cheap and practical bags and that was it because I didn't feel like I need anything. Because I was comfortable enough shopping my own closet. I don't believe in shopping just because, in shopping when you're bored or can't find something better to do. As I explained, I like to build stories around clothes. I'm not saying that my way is the best way, but it works for me. I wait until I really feel that I need something. This wait can sometimes last as long as a year, but when I find that special item, I simply know. Like with this coat. I know that the two of us will be very happy together. A bright coloured coat with leopard accents? How can you say no to that? 






















Comments

  1. Great outfit dear! Mostar looks really beautiful! xoxo

    blog
    instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ivana, it is very interesting what you share here and I didn't know it so far that these views from the height are even good against depressions. But I'm convinced this is true as I know this feeling very well from the walks and hikes I already did in a huge amount. Thank you for the wonderful photos, I see again I really should visit one day also the other town where you live. And it is good you finally bought this coat after this long time without shopping as this piece is adorable and suits you excellent! How good you found that hat in the car - obviously even winter days can be very sunny. Have a wonderful new week!
    With love, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. śliczny płaszczyk! I w kapeluszu świetnie wyglądasz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mostar City is gorgeous, those views are stunning! I absolutely love your Jacket, and the Burgundy colour of it <3 STUNNNNNNING :D ... I especially love the detailing on the sleeves :)

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.iamserenel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I really like your coat! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like that kind of photography. It always gives an expanded view of the landscape & topography. I'm like you. I don't buy many clothes. I just have what I need. I wasn't always that way. But I've paired down a lot.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful coat and I love the fun printed details on it! :) I know what you mean about building experiences with clothes too, that's why it's so hard for me to let clothes go as they have such happy memories associated!

    Hope that you are having a nice start to your week :) We finally got some cooler weather after our weekend heatwave, so I've been enjoying that!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Mostar city is just wow! and I love your coat <3
    Wonderful post dear <3 Have a great week ahead
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful in this burgundy coat:) Perfect as always:)
    kisses:*

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you again appearing in your travel/lifestyle blog posts :D Is always good to see the girl behind the blog and your coat is amazing, been looking out for a coat or blazer in a similar color but still looking, I'll tell if I have luck but in the first instance I think is such a wearable piece.

    Oooh and this place looks so peaceful, ideal for a summer escapade! And of course I really like the "cenit/ overhead" (I think this is the word but not sure)
    picture of the city, it gives your image a more magical essence and it make me wanna travel there. Never been in Bosnia and Herzegovina but I'll try to go (maybe not soon) but still in my list with many other places in Europe :D

    Hope you have a good week and thanks for the inspiration dose!
    Pablo
    HEY FUNGI 

    ReplyDelete
  11. The view in this post are gorgeous and so is your outfit! I always enjoy when you introduce us to your favorite places. You would make a wonderful tourism ambassador for your country :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear Ivana, what a great scene to take some shots!!! i like the view to that city from that mountain high.
    but from all of that my favorite is your coat - this thing is so cool and nice!!! i can image that a black leggings a very good combo to this coat is. maybe you try it already???

    hugs
    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.de/2018/02/unterwegs-darf-ich-vorstellen-frau-dr.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BLOGGERS ART GALLERY

How To Wear Yellow In Summer? + Mostar's panorama + Goranci restaurant